I am sure there is a way to do this. Problem is that no matter what we
propose, there will always be naysayers. I seriously doubt there is
anything in the world that will appease everyone. Lets just do things to
make it harder for terrorists to practice their craft while at the same
time not overly inconveniencing everyone else. That is the problem. I
was just offering solutions to the problem using things we already have.

As far as not being able to carry x amount of liquids on the plane as
Gruss is whining about, too bad. I mean, if you are going to travel
somewhere for a length of time that will require to you carry more than
the allowed amount, then you probably are going to be checking in a bag,
in which case you put your toiletry items in there. Unless of course you
do the one thing that pisses me off, which are the assholes who have
these "carry on" bags that can fit a weeks worth of clothes and that
barely fit into the overhead bins because they are so freaking  long.
Most of these bags take up most of the bin and THAT is a HUGE
inconvenience to people like me who try to respect my fellow passengers
and take only a laptop case and a small bag that goes in the over head
bin. The people with these larger than  normal carry on bags are
obviously going away for longer than a night or two and are probably the
ones who are pissed because they can only take x amount of toiletry
items on the plane with them. Fuck em. Let them buy their items at the
hotel or the local target where they are going, or be more respectful
and check your stupid so called carry on item and then you can carry all
the shampoo you want.