That's not true, and it goes to the heart of why I have objected to the
"science" from the start. They specifically put the glacier claim in to
influence policy, and that admission taints everything the IPCC has done:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245636/Glacier-scientists-says-knew-data-verified.html

The scientist behind the bogus claim in a Nobel Prize-winning UN report that
Himalayan glaciers will have melted by 2035 last night admitted it was
included purely to put political pressure on world leaders.

Dr Murari Lal also said he was well aware the statement, in the 2007 report
by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), did not rest on
peer-reviewed scientific research.

In an interview with The Mail on Sunday, Dr Lal, the co-ordinating lead
author of the report’s chapter on Asia, said: ‘It related to several
countries in this region and their water sources. We thought that if we can
highlight it, it will impact policy-makers and politicians and encourage
them to take some concrete action.

‘It had importance for the region, so we thought we should put it in.’