I wonder how many of the technologies we take for granted came from
Israel, specifically internet based technologies (you would be
surprised). I wonder how much military tech that we use comes from
Israel. Advanced weapons, armor, anti-rocket defense systems, drones.
And medical. And green. And and and. And I'm just talking the public
stuff at the moment.
http://www.isracast.com/category.aspx?ID=2&t=Israeli-Technology

Oh, and those military bases, listening posts and other things we have
in Israel that supports our efforts in that area in the world? And the
intelligence we get from them. And the list goes on and on. We get a
lot from Israel.

The question should be, what is it worth to abandon them? Will it make
us safer? Nope. We're hated for being America, not because of Israel.
Will it make us stronger? Nope. Will it make us richer? Nope. Poorer
actually. We veto a lot of Israeli military sales of equipment that
has nothing to do with us in terms of research and development. We do
it in order to keep sales for our own military sales companies like
Lockheed.

But you're right. If Israel doesn't give us as much as we give it, we
should dump them. right? Or treat them like any other of our allies
like France or Germany. I'm all for that. No sarcasm at all. I'm all
for us treating Israel like another ally and getting out of it's
internal politics. But I still want their tech at a discount price.
I'm American like that. :)