With the amount of people with an irrational hatred for Jews and
Israel out there, do you think that the program is not heavily
watched? No, that's not a persecution complex. Like I said, the aid is
a lightning rod.

But you're right, of the 2.7 billion (for 2010) that is given to
Israel in the form of military aid, there may be room to wiggle. The
law stating that 'most' purchases must be approved by congress states
most, not all. But there are rejections to requests that are outside
of this conversation.

I stated that tech was one of the benefits of the relationship. Not
the only and not on a 1:1 relationship. To say that the situation is
complex is to degenerate the word complex. When the US needed Israeli
armor for Iraq, they hit a firestorm because it was Israeli and the
deal had to be routed 'under the covers'. The counter-terrorism
knowledge given to the US (and no one else) is also fuzzy.

We give, we get, we hide, we seek, it's a relationship.

And going back to the basis of this thread, Obama's actions are not
helping that relationship.