ah, so you want a link saying more children report abuse by teachers
than by priests? Shrug, carry on then I guess, though the fact that
more children attend school than catholic churches makes me suspect it
may be the case. But I am not about to argue the point.

Bad is bad, in whatever numbers. If the Catholic church is still
covering up anything at all then they deserve anything they get as a
consequence. But I look at all this with great cynicism, since the
present pope was involved. I think that redemption is a fine thing,
and perhaps he has even achieved it, eyeroll, though that in itself is
a leap of faith. Nazism? That's not lusting after forbidden sweets.
But when the safety of children is still in the balance, it needs to
outweigh forgiving the sinner.