On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Jerry Johnson <jmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I _can_ sadly imagine a group of black clad evil men crouched in a back room
> AT THIS VERY MINUTE with file folders containing allegations of abuse from
> the last 50 years, and each time a month goes by moves some of those folders
> into the "safe" pile, where their mechanizations to deny and obfuscate and
> hide the truth have finally put them past prosecution, almost like an evil
> Treasury Bond in reverse.
>
> Can anyone else imagine that?

You do realize, that the group within the Catholic Church responsible
for going over these allegations is the same one responsible for the
Inquisition, right? Normally I wouldn't consider it fair to bring up
several hundred year old actions to cast aspersions on a current
organization of the same name but in the case of the Catholic Church,
they actively seek to keep things within its walls just like it was
500 years ago.