On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Sandra Clark <sclarkli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And thats about all I registered.  Noted I was offended and went back to
> watching the festivities on the field.

Just curious why that offended you....?

Mexican Americans can celebrate their Mexican heritage any day of the year,
including Independence Day. There is no citizenship stipulation that you
have to celebrate your citizenship, or give homage to the US, or anything
like that. Our complete freedom to wear US flags, or wear Mexican flags, is
what we should be celebrating...no matter the day of the year.

You celebrate your way, I'll celebrate mine..in the end we're all Americans,
and whatever our celebrations, our shared freedoms as citizens of this
country is at the ROOT of that celebration...whether we choose to
acknowledge that or not.

--
The suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dream of youth