Was it inflammatory that I flew an American flag outside my house
yesterday, like I do every day? Would it be OK if my Mexican neighbors
(yes, I do have neighbors who are from Mexico) came over and told me
to take down the flag because it offended them?

Or, would it be OK for the homeowners association to tell me to take
down the flag because it might offend some others in the neighborhood?

Its OK for the Mexican Americans to show pride in their heritage, but
its not OK for Americans to do the same?

BTW - there was no mention in the article I posted about the
immigration status of anyone involved.  And, I am sorry, but when you
say one group can display their flag, but another cannot display
theirs, its made into an US vs. THEM. ('US' == those with common
sense, 'THEM' == those without common sense)