Hmm...It's very different in Trinidad.

We are a multi ethnic and multi cultural country. We even have an
Inter-religious organisation to represent all the major religious
denominations.

we celebrate Christmas, Eid, Divali, Baptist Holiday, Indian Arrival Day,
Emancipation Day, Change of the Chinese Year, Hosay, St. Patrick's day.
And there is never any problems with protests, or disrespect shown to any of
the groups.
Almost everyone lights Deyas at Divali or drives around admiring the bamboo
artwork.
For Eid you eat Sawine from your Muslim neighbours.
During HOsay the streets are lined with people looking on at the
celebrations.
St. Patrick's Day everyone goes to a bar wearing green to take a drink.
If there were a noticeable Mexican community locally we'd celebrate cinco de
mayo too in the same way.

Not that protests or free speech is not protected...but no one would really
do that.

It isn't being patriotic, it is being inflammatory.
The motivation is not innocent.The motivation is to say this is America for
Americans and fuck you Mexican immigrants.
And if they had put that on their t-shirts and on their bandanas it would
not have been allowed.
I don't see why being passive aggressive makes it any better or more
acceptable.

I don't understand where the US and THEM comes in. America would be
absolutely nothing without its immigrants.
America is an entire continent of Immigrants.