>You are describing couples counciling, which is a good thing.
>Learning to communicate, underatdsning each other, all good good good.
>
>Be I continue to say this has nothing to do with marriage.  A couple
>can do this whether they get married or not.
>
>-Cameron

True true. Thing to remember is that marriage is supposed to be 'till death do
us part'. If you're going to make that happen without a whole lot of
unhappiness then understanding those concepts is a must. That's why I think
they're a very good idea for a couple who's about to get married to go through.

And as for the other discussion in this thread I've known a lot of people who
stayed together for the kids even though they hated each other. Generally
speaking it's better for the kid just to get it over with and go through the
divorce in those situations. Best to get some counciling and deal with the
issues before it gets to that point, but if it does get to that point don't
punish your kid for 18 years and think you're helping them.