On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Jerry Barnes wrote:

> "I see some unhappy reporters."
>
> No doubt.  They seem to be an unhappy lot regardless of what is going on.

Some of them, yes.  Everybody has an agenda.

This was some great info!

As for this bit:

> Regardless of the facts, people want to argue that this administration is
> more open than any before it.  Sure, a few reporters may not be getting
> their way, but so what?  Put it in perspective before taking this attitude.
> How do people know that the previous administration was so secretive?  Who
> told the people it was secretive?  The media.  So, if one accepts that the
> media's word that the Bush administration was the most secretive
> administration of all time until the Obama administration passed it in lack
> of transparency, there is an egregious double standard.

So this guy's arguing that "the media" at large is bitching as much
about lack of access as they did during Bush43?

It doesn't seem to be on that scale yet, to me.

And it wasn't "the media" for me, so much as watching Snow (iirc) be
all arrogant.  The attitude wasn't just "screw you, media", it was
like "and you too, American public!".

I'm just not getting that "feeling" from this administration.

Hard to argue with those numbers.

Doesn't seem like The Media has labeled Obama's administration as the
most secretive of all time though.

I wonder what's different?

Blame The Media?

:den

--
So act that your principle of action might safely be made a law for
the whole world.