"Can't we all agree that more transparency in the government is a good
thing?"

Damn skippy, we can.

" It's more important to me that the government itself is 'open'-er than
under Bush.  And getting open-er."

What is your criteria for 'open'-er?

It's obviously not the press, because they are complaining that Obama's
administration is more secretive than Bush's.

Obama's Relationship With Media Getting More
Adversarial<http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/obama/2009/06/24/obamas-relationship-with-media-getting-more-adversarial.html>
Why reporters are down on President
Obama<http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/36454.html>
Obama: No questions at press freedom
event<http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-No-questions-at-press-freedom-event-93945554.html>
Helen Thomas: Not Even Nixon Tried to Control the Media Like Obama
<http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=50445>
White House Denies NYT Access To Kagan’s
Family<http://www.mediaite.com/online/white-house-denies-nyt-access-to-kagans-family/>
Elena Kagan White House "Interview" Riles
Reporters<http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20004724-503544.html>

It's obviously not other branches of the government.
Senators: Obama admin keeps Congress in dark on
intel<http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/22/senators-obama-admin-keeps-congress-dark-intel/>
Obama agencies invoking secrecy provision more often than under
Bush<http://rawstory.com/2010/03/obama-agencies-invoking-secrecy-provision-bush/>
Government Secrecy Increases Under Obama
Obama DOJ Defies Federal Judge: Despite Ninth Circuit Decision, Lawyers
Refuse to Release Document in Wiretapping Case
Lieberman's Committee SUBPOENAS Obama Administration Over Fort Hood
Shooting, Alleging
Cover-Up<http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2010/mar/govt-secrecy-increases-under-obama>
HHS Buries numbers — HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius had report showing
Obamacare would increase insurance costs a week before final
votes<http://www.liberalwhoppers.com/2010/04/27/hhs-buries-numbers-hhs-secretary-kathleen-sebelius-had-report-showing-obamacare-would-increase-insurance-costs-a-week-before-obamacare-vote/>

It's not with the public.
After lawsuit, Obama opens a bit of info on meetings with health care
executives - White House still contends it can keep visitor logs
secret<http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32087532/ns/politics-white_house/>
Transparency of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
(ACTA)<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-love/transparency-of-the-anti_b_343488.html>
Obama Sued over
Secrecy<http://blogs.abcnews.com/roodfromdc/2009/06/obama-sued-over-secrecy.html>

Where is his administration more 'open'?

  Your request is being processed...