Again Sam is being misleading. Saul Alinsky was a 60's civil rights
activist. Sam seems to forget that the so called opponents were
conservative groups at the time who were very against civil rights for
all. You know, such groups as the Klan, companies that refused to
serve blacks, etc.

That said, Alinsky was noted for using very innovative tactics. As for
not talking, again Sam is distorting the record. Alinsky always
advocated talking with the opponent. For instance during the campaign
he led against a department store for equal treatment of black and
white customers and employees he made sure that the company could talk
with the organizing committee at any time. In fact he assumed that all
discussions would be forwarded to the company. So at one point, there
was going to be a major protest with people flooding the department
store and buying one item, and immediately returning it. Nothing
illegal, in fact they were very carefully following the company's own
rules for returning items.

The problem is that it would have literally shut the department store
down. Moreover the store went from almost all white customers to
mostly black - again that would have deterred a lot of other customers
at the time. Within a couple of hours the company contacted the
organizing committee to negotiate a settlement.

The thing is that all the lines of communication were open.
Definitely not something Sam thought worthy of mentioning. I guess it
did not fit with his message of blaming and demonizing liberals.