On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM, Sam wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM, morgan l wrote:
>>
>> People like me? Really? And what kind of person am I? You wouldn't have the
>> first clue.
>
> The kind of person that uses talking points with wild accusations to
> discredit others. I think it's from the Alinsky book. I don't need to
> know anything about you since I just witnessed you doing it.

I bet you can tell a good book by it's cover, too!

Mighty high horse you have there, Sam.  =)

>> Many on this list are also extreme righties, blind to facts just the same as
>> the extreme lefties, though the facts they are blind to differ.
>
> There aren't any extreme righties on this list. It's sad that you
> think so. It also shows that you must be an extreme lefty to think
> run-of-the-mill conservatives are extreme righties.

There *are* many right leaning individuals on-list.

To claim otherwise is silly.

"I'm surrounded by lefties!  Ahhhh!
First.media.now.this..Must.achieve.balance.arggggg..."  =)

>> The only differences between Conservatives and Liberals are:
>> 1) which rights they want to take from the people
>> 2) which economic segment of the population they want to give tax breaks to
>> vs. which segment they want to raise taxes on
>> 3) how they want to spend the tax revenue.
>
> Nooooo! Not another "I'm in the center and all others are extremist" person!
> I think we need to form another label for your group. Centramentalists...
> center extremist.. I'll need to think about it.

Too bad you didn't use "sweeping accusations" instead of wild ones, or
I could have poked fun here.  "all others" indeed.  Nice (if a bit
blatant) spin!

Come on man, we're all relatively centrist, for all our leanings, or
civil discussion would be neigh impossible, and topics here would
revolve around technology or some-such.  Polite dinner conversation,
versus nitty gritty realness.

"Extreme" is relative, I guess is what I'm on about.

Labels are simplistic in nature.  A new one isn't going to solve the
problem you have with them.

Tho centramentalists does sound pretty catchy.  Sign me up for a XXXL
t-shirt and a mug.

:DeNacentraMentalIsto Uno

--
A multiple personality is in a certain sense normal.
George H. Mead