Once more, these numbers are meaningless to my point (or to counter my point).

My point was, throwing more money at the problem may not be the best
solution (I would go so far as to say I do not think its the best
solution).

Knowing what each country spends per student (either in straight up
dollars or a % of GDP) is all well and good, but what I was referring
to was how effective those dollars are. 'What is the return on
investment?', if you will The article I read (or show I saw) addressed
that question. Still looking BTW.

We can spend $100,000 per year for each child, but if the schools
graduate idiots than I say that is money wasted.