On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Michael Dinowitz
<mdino...@houseoffusion.com> wrote:

> So a strip club outside of a preschool is ok also, right? What about
> an alcohol store outside an AA meeting place?
> Welcome to the slippery slope of "if you don't like it, don't go in".
> When building anything, the feelings of the community have to be taken
> into account. Were they in this case? I don't think so.

Yeah, I'm ok with those things. I'm also ok with shutting them down
quick and hard if those facilities have persistent problems.

I think that building a McDonalds near an elementary school is *way*
more deleterious than a strip club but we don't do protective zoning
regulations requiring all fast food restaurants to be out in
industrial areas and far away from the impressionable eyes of our
kids.

I'd be tempted to support such a zoning ordinance but would have to
remind myself of my ideals and not support it in the end.

Judah