Lets not forget that over 10% of the 9/11 victims were Islamic. Why
isn't that considered, or is Islam a lesser religion?

>From what I understand and from the land use maps available online,
the center will not be visible from the memorial site. There are too
many other buildings in the way. The publicly available architectural
drawings don't show anything that would not fit into the neighbourhood
building styles. If anything it does not look like a mosque.

Also the place is not just a mosque. Its a cultural center, run by a
charity that is headed by the strongest anti-terrorist imam in the US.
He's a personal friend of George W. Bush. The religious part of the
building occupies only a small part of the building. The rest of it
are offices, classrooms and a library. Its mostly a fairly typical
business office.

So what is the problem except as a biased perception on the part of
those who are loudly objecting.