"Does it scare you that she won a majority?"

No.  It seems to scare the left and establishment Republicans though.

Many people don't seem to get the picture.  Her nomination is not a ringing
endorsement of her religion or her potential.  No one thinks she is going to
be the next Ronald Reagan or even Sarah Palin.

Her nomination is a damning indictment of the establishment Republican
party, beltway insiders, and politics as usual.  That is one reason that
establishment Republicans are/were bashing her more than Democrats.

There is a good chance she will lose and many establishment Republicans are
pissed about that.  They are more concerned about garnering power than
serving the will of their constituents.  People who voted for her know she
might lose.  I believe that they were more concerned about the message they
were sending than helping the Republicans gain a majority.

"o'donnell says earth made in 6 days."

So?  She could say that the moon was made of cheese if she wants.  She was
nominated in a fair election.  She is who her party wanted.  It doesn't mean
the voters agree with everything she says.

Besides, it's not like it requires an intellectual giant to be senator for
Delaware.

Joe Biden to Missouri State Senator Chuck Graham, who is wheelchair bound:
"stand up ... Chuck, stand up, Chuck, let 'em see you!"

Joe Biden on culturalism: "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is
Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin'
Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

Joe Biden on the economy: "The number one job facing the middle class, and
it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S."

Joe Biden on History: "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt
got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes
of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened."

Or even have integrity:

He went on to receive his Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of
Law in 1968,[17] where by his own description he found it to be "the biggest
bore in the world" and pulled many all-nighters to get by.[13][18] During
his first year there, he was accused of having plagiarized 5 of 15 pages of
a law review article. Biden said it was inadvertent due to his not knowing
the proper rules of citation, and he was permitted to retake the course
after receiving a grade of F, which was subsequently dropped from his
record.[18] He was admitted to the Delaware Bar in 1969.[17]

And

By August 1987, Biden's campaign, whose messaging was confused due to staff
rivalries,[124] had begun to lag behind those of Michael Dukakis and Dick
Gephardt,[121] although he had still raised more funds than all candidates
but Dukakis, and was seeing an upturn in Iowa polls.[122][125] In September
1987, the campaign ran into trouble when he was accused of plagiarizing a
speech that had been made by Neil Kinnock, leader of the British Labour
Party.[126] Kinnock’s speech included the lines:

"Why am I the first Kinnock in a thousand generations to be able to get to
university? [Then pointing to his wife in the audience] Why is Glenys the
first woman in her family in a thousand generations to be able to get to
university? Was it because all our predecessors were thick?"

While Biden’s speech included the lines:

"I started thinking as I was coming over here, why is it that Joe Biden is
the first in his family ever to go to a university? [Then pointing to his
wife in the audience] Why is it that my wife who is sitting out there in the
audience is the first in her family to ever go to college? Is it because our
fathers and mothers were not bright? Is it because I'm the first Biden in a
thousand generations to get a college and a graduate degree that I was
smarter than the rest?"

Though Biden had cited Kinnock as the source for the formulation many times
before, he made no reference to the original source at the August 23 Iowa
State Fair debate in question or in another appearance.[127][128] While
political speeches often appropriate ideas and language from each other,
Biden's use came under more scrutiny because he somewhat distorted his own
family's background to match Kinnock's.[10][128]

Finally, Congress is a religiously diverse body. Even though the thought of
electing a fundamental Christian to office goes against all ideals of
"tolerance" of the left, it is why we have a Republic.  It is so minority
and other groups can get representation.

Religious Affiliations of Members of
Congress[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Members_of_the_111th_United_States_Congress#cite_note-pewsurvey-0>
*Religion*

*Percent*
 Protestant <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestant>

 54.7%  Catholic <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic>

 30.1%  Jewish <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish>

 8.4%  Mormon <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon>

 2.6%  Orthodox <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_Church>

 1.3%  Unknown

 0.9%  Other Christian

 0.6%  Other Faiths

 0.6%  Muslim <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim>

 0.4%  Buddhist <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist>

 0.4%

-

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in
session. - Mark Twain

The artificial aristocracy is a mischievous ingredient in government, and
provisions should be made to prevent its ascendancy. - Thomas Jefferson