On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Maureen <mamamaur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The only thing most tech CEOs who are currently running in California
> know about jobs is how to outsource them.

Because in the end the boss of the CEO is the share holder, not the
employee.

>> Intel

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:30pm EST

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Intel Corp
(INTC.O<http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=INTC.O>)
said on Wednesday it would close manufacturing plants in Malaysia and the
Philippines and scale back U.S. operations as part of a restructuring that
affects as many as 6,000 employees.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE50K6YS20090121

>> Verizon

Verizon
(VZ<http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=VZ&source=story_quote_link>,
Fortune
500<http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2009/snapshots/2773.html?source=story_f500_link>)
CEO Ivan Seidenberg said on the company's quarterly earnings call Tuesday
that it will slash about 13,000 positions in 2010.
http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/26/news/companies/verizon_layoffs/

>> Cypress Semiconductor's

Only problem I can find with these guys is they went with Bloom Energy
instead of Plug Power when moving to fuel cell energy...

>> Blackstone Group

Well They are a Private-equity firm. They ALWAYS cut jobs!

Blackstone went public in June 2007 just in time to make its executives rich
and its stock a dud. Schwarzman and co-founder Pete Peterson were instant
billionaires. But the stock, which priced at $31 for its IPO, fell below $22
by that September. Overall, shares have lost 54% of their value since
listing.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/05/news/companies/blackstone_seaworld.fortune/?section=magazines_fortune