On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 11:57 AM, C. Hatton Humphrey <chumph...@gmail.com>wrote:

> And now, we're told by experts, the recession ended in June of 2009!
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100920/bs_nm/us_usa_economy_nber -
> Recession ended in June 2009: NBER

WE're not being told it's over...it IS over. You expect everything to be
happy-happy-joy-joy the day the recession ends? That just means we've
reached our low point, and the economy has started growing. Our low point
was June of last year. But it's going to take awhile for things to start
looking up. And remember, jobs are the last to go, and the last to come
back.

Until jobs come back, things will continue to look bleak...even though the
recession is long over. people seem to get hung up on this
word..."recession". The word doesn't really mean that much. Jobs, consumer
confidence...etc....better indicators of how things are doing. Right now,
things aren't doing that well...recession over or not.

Jobs will come back though. Our present economy is currently undervalued and
understaffed....the desire to capitalize on opportunities will take hold
again. It always does. Our system bends, but never breaks.

--
Glittering prizes and endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity