The recession was caused by the mandatory home loans to anybody that asked.
Bush is only to blame for that because he didn't try hard enough to
stop what the democrats put into action. The banks have recovered and
are doing very well while Freddie and Fanny are still underwater. The
TARP money failed to fix the problem. It just paid off the big banks
and they held on to the money by not offering new loans.

That is not what's causing the current situation. It's this
administrations hostility to business
that prevents them form hiring and expanding. Stop out of control
spending that they threaten to pay for by bleeding companies dry and
the insane cap-n-trade regulations that will bankrupt them and you
will see an instant change in the economy. All that money being socked
away will magically become available when business knows it's safe.