Our current problems are structural. Blame FDR and Johnson for Social
Security and Medicare, and technology for making it possible to locate
knowledge workers anywhere in the world. Blame short-sighted CEOs for
chasing quarterly profits at the cost of our industrial base and
increasingly our technology/knowledge worker base.