On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:37 AM, G Money <gm0n3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I admit that surprises me. With UCLA and USC down.....it's kind of left to
> Oregon and Oregon State, and to some degree Cal, to carry the torch for the
> league. I am surprised to hear they are #2 in teh power rankings. They must
> be light years behind the SEC :) Stanford is good, and I REALLY like their
> QB....but...meh. I did enjoy UCLA's smack down of NU, but I much preferred
> KSU's handling of UCLA out in Cali.

UCLA has been shitty for quite awhile. They have some decent times
here and there but they lack a quarterback and in the PAC 10,
especially this year, you need a good quarterback. Cal is a continued
enigma. They have a good coach and a talented team but can't quite put
it together. A strong part of that is their quarterback as well who
seems to fall apart at the wrong times.

Andrew Luck is beast. I love watching him play. And Stanford plays a
great power running game. Huge offensive line and bruising backs. If
you like Luck, though, you should watch Arizona. Their QB, Nick Foles,
is a lot like Luck. Big, strong, great balance and vision. Arizona's
running game isn't as good as Stanford's but their defense is better
coming in at number 3 in the nation in points per game allowed.

Oregon State is a bit of an unknown. They always start the season with
maddening losses but then have been amazing October onwards. This year
they have a rookie QB though and the defense lost a lot of guys to the
NFL and retirement. At this point, they've lost two games already. But
those two games were both to teams in the top 5. So how good are they?
No one really knows. They'll probably finish around 4th in the
conference at a guess but it is tough to say with them.

> My conference, the Big 12, is way down this year. Nebraska, while on the
> upswing, is not the 7th best team in the country...and Texas is a fraud this
> year. OU is solid but unspectacular...and everyone else is an also-ran.

Nebraska just flat out embarrassed Washington. That was ugly, I like
what I saw. I agree with OU as being solid but unspectacular. KSU
looked pretty decent when I saw them. I haven't seen Missou yet this
year.

Judah