On 2/24/2011 1:59 PM, Sam wrote:
> http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-03-04-federal-pay_N.htm
>
> These salary figures do not include the value of health, pension and
> other benefits, which averaged $40,785 per federal employee in 2008
> vs. $9,882 per private worker, according to the Bureau of Economic
> Analysis.
>
>    $57,596.00
> +$40,785.00
> ----------------------
>    $98,381.00

Might be relevant if I was a FEDERAL employee.  Nice try with the apple
and orange addition.  The last time I calculated my pay with benefits it
was ~75k.  Not bad but but still 25% short of six figures.

So instead of comparing me with Walmart or McDonalds employees with no
benefits, why don't we try a comparison with follow Computer
Professionals (like you I presume) with at least a decade of experience?

Yes I have a Pension, but I pay $9000 a year for that benefit.

Yes I have health care, but it costs me more for less coverage then when
I had jobs at a private company and a non-profit.

I took a pay cut- including benefits, when I took this Job in 2007, and
as you can see, my pay has only gone down since.

So try again how I am so much better off then you private sector suckers.

(There is a reason that was the major factor for me, but lets see if you
can hit on it)  And if you think it's money, why don't you get these one
of these golden jobs?