From: Gruss Gott [mailto:grussg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 17:52
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Oops! Wis Gov Thinks Caller is Koch

Eric Roberts <ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:

> "I got to thinking: What if the Republicans in Washington had fled the
> country when the Democrats were ramming their health care bill through
> Congress? Seems like a brilliant tactic now."
>
> Single Payer healthcare?

The Blue Dogs and the centrists would've had to have left too.  It's an
interesting debate, though, that seems to come down to this:

What both sides agree on:

(1.) The current system is broken
(2.) Get healthcare out of the hands of employers
(3.) The cost curve is rising so fast that soon nothing will be able to pay
for it (see #1).

Where the core disagreement is:

* The right would like to take healthcare out of the hands of employers and
insurance companies and put it into the individual's control.

* The left  would like to take healthcare out of the hands of employers and
insurance companies and put it into the government's control (i.e., single
payer).