On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Cameron Childress <camer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Judah McAuley <ju...@wiredotter.com> wrote:
>> You do realize that we've had voting for centuries in our country,
>> with rolls, where most people didn't have government issued ID, right?
>
> There's alot of stuff that we've done for centuries that we do differently
> now.

Yes...but where is the urgent problem?

>> Voting is a right, not a privilege. That means you don't get to fuck
>> with it even if you think it's a nifty idea.
>
> Actually, I don't get to fuck with it because I am not in congress.
>
> ...but they can.

Qualifications for voting are mostly the province of the States
actually, not Congress. Hence why rules for restoration of voting
rights for felons differs state by state. None the less, while
Congress and state legislatures can try and fuck with it, the bar
needs to be very very high because it's a constitutional right.

So, once again, what y'all think is "reasonable" or "prudent" matters
not one whit. It's a right, not a privilege. Stop trying to fuck with
it without dire need.

Judah