The most expensive insurance claim related to a motorcycle accident
involves a woman who fell from the back of the cycle and was dragged
down the road because her jeans got caught on the kickstand.  She
spent months in the hospital having multiple operations to reconstruct
her pelvic region, and remove all the road debris embedded in her
naughty bits.

So, should butt shields be required for all motorcycle riders?  There
has to be a point at which the government stops telling us what to do
to protect ourselves in the name of "public interest".