As for his arrogance, I can sum up how I got that in one sentence:
"You're holding it wrong" - which was Jobs' reply to people who
complained about dropped calls and antenna problems with the iPhone 4.

My MacBook Pro has been very reliable. However, it has not been more
reliable than any other computer I have owned. As a matter of fact, it
has been less so. Two years ago the video card on my MBP needed to be
replaced  - it was only about a year old at that point. I owned
several Dells before that and never had any problems with them -
matter of fact one of them still functions as my 'media server'
running Linux.

Maybe snake oil salesman is not the best analogy. Cult leader might be
more fitting. Brain washer, maybe. He convinced millions of people
they _needed_ his over priced gadgets - myself included.