On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Eric Roberts <
ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:

> Ther is already exemptions for conscientious objectors...so they are
> covered.  Not all conscientious objectors do so for religious reasons.  I
> think these faiths need to get out of the middle ages and modernize a bit.
> We don't allow others to walk around carrying large knives that can almost
> be considered a short sword, so why should they be special?

Perhaps because this country was founded by people who risked their lives
seeking a nation that would provide them religious freedom....? Sure their
idea of religious freedom was a bit different, but the spirit has broadened
and endured and become a bedrock of Americanism.

This means we do what we can, within the confines of what is reasonable, to
accommodate people's religious beliefs...no matter how ridiculous they seem.

So really, there is no debate as to whether we should allow some religious
exemptions....we should....the question is, what constitutes "reasonable",
and when does it become truly criminal?

For instance, passively murdering your child seems....criminal to me.