Ok... a medical doctor has an underlying degree in science, but I am
certainly not going to go to my physician for advice on climatology...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Barnes [mailto:critic...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 9:20 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Forget global warming - it's Cycle 25 we need to worry about
(and if NASA scientists are right the Thames will be freezing over again)

"No consensus. Then how many qualified PhD level scientists who specialize
in the field are calling AGW fraudulent etc. Even that big list that has
been cited time and time again has fewer than 100 PhD level scientists are
on it. And most of those who are  do not specialize in climate research.
Many of those on the list don't even have a PhD (a minority have a
Master's) or have a fiduciary interest in denying global warming."

Every heard of the Oregon Petition?

Text:

We urge the United States government to reject the global warming agreement
that was written in Kyoto, Japan in December, 1997, and any other similar
proposals. The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the
environment, hinder the advance of science and technology, and damage the
health and welfare of mankind.

There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon
dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the
foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and
disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific
evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many
beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the
Earth.

As of 2008, the petition's website states that "The current list of 31,072
petition signers includes 9,021 PhD; 6,961 MS; 2,240 MD and DVM; and 12,850
BS or equivalent academic degrees. Most of the MD and DVM signers also have
underlying degrees in basic
science."[2]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Petition#cite_note-qualific
ations-1>

The petition sponsors state the following numbers of individuals from each
discipline:[2]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Petition#cite_note-qualif
ications-1>

   - Atmospheric, environmental, and Earth sciences: 3,697
   - Computer and mathematical sciences: 903
   - Physics and aerospace sciences: 5,691
   - Chemistry: 4,796
   - Biology and agriculture: 2,924
   - Medicine: 3,069
   - Engineering and general science: 9,992

"So you made the claim that there is no consensus demonstrate using the
scientific literature that there is a controversy - use journal articles and
conference presentations."

Here.

http://www.populartechnology.net/2009/10/peer-reviewed-papers-supporting.htm

You'll ignore it, but so be it.

"Otherwise you are just bullshipping."

Sure.  In your eyes, I'll be "bullshippping" regardless of what I post.

Here's a nice summary for those interested in why GW is so popular in
political circles:
http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2008/12/24/global_warming_rop
e-a-dope/page/full/

-

Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
- Henry Kissinger

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go
out and buy some more tunnel. - John Quinton