nope, British, but otherwise: "a large group of young adults."

per Mind Hacks: "two prominent UK politicians – one staunchly liberal and
the other a confirmed conservative"

You are conflating. Apparently the the Current Biology study got the first
germ of the idea from Firth and that is why he got a credit, but they are
still two different studies, one with a larger sample and better
methodology than the other.