On 3/4/2012 12:36 PM, Sam wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM, PT<cft...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> On 3/4/2012 12:08 PM, Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> In an interview with Alter on November 30, Obama offered that
>>> Republican opposition to the stimulus "helped create the tea-baggers
>>> and empowered that whole wing of the Republican Party where it now
>>> controls the agenda for the Republicans."
>>>
>>> Where's your outrage?
>>
>> I am not sure I follow you here.
>
> I think being called a tea-bagger by the President simply for not
> supporting him is a bit worse than a comedian calling a woman
> demanding $1000 a year for contraception a slut. It's to do with
> context.

Eh.  People identify themselves as tea-baggers, and don't do it out of
irony, so it can't be all that much of an insult.  I don't think slut
and prostitute are on the same relatively benign level, no matter the
context.

Now, if the president called someone a Nazi or something, that would be
a little different.

Speaking of presidents, the media tried that same thing with Andrew
Jackson's wife and I think he ended up shooting one or two of them ;)

> Here's what she said, you decide:
>
> Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a
> woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like
> me, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire
> summer’s salary. 40% of the female students at Georgetown Law reported
> to us that they struggle financially as a result of this policy.

OK.  She says "without insurance coverage" .. which means paying for the
doctors visits, etc.  She wasn't clear from that bit of text whether she
meant birth control for birth control, or birth control as medication.
If it purely for birth control, then no.  There are other options.  If
it is for medication .... I am on the fence about whether that kind of
thing can be forced.

Regardless, calling her a slut and a prostitute for that was way out of
line.  I don't care how you try to spin it.  Rush was attacking the
person and not the argument.  I thought people constantly bitched about
that type of thing on here, you include