On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM, PT <cft...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Eh.  People identify themselves as tea-baggers, and don't do it out of
> irony, so it can't be all that much of an insult.  I don't think slut
> and prostitute are on the same relatively benign level, no matter the
> context.

You mean people in the Tea-Party? I'm pretty sure most don't like to
be called tea-baggers. But of course they don't cry about it and try
to change the story line.

> Now, if the president called someone a Nazi or something, that would be
> a little different.

You mean like Larry often does? You should have seen all the
Bush-with-Hitler mustache photos from this list a few years back.

> Speaking of presidents, the media tried that same thing with Andrew
> Jackson's wife and I think he ended up shooting one or two of them ;)

Did she ask for money for condoms?

>> Here's what she said, you decide:
>>
>> Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a
>> woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like
>> me, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire
>> summer’s salary. 40% of the female students at Georgetown Law reported
>> to us that they struggle financially as a result of this policy.
>
> OK.  She says "without insurance coverage" .. which means paying for the
> doctors visits, etc.  She wasn't clear from that bit of text whether she
> meant birth control for birth control, or birth control as medication.
> If it purely for birth control, then no.  There are other options.  If
> it is for medication .... I am on the fence about whether that kind of
> thing can be forced.

She means when the insurance doesn't cover contraception. remember,
that's why she chose to go to Georgetown. As I already posted,
Georgetown offers medical coverage for birth control when used as a
medicine.
They also provide birth control coverage for employees so it's not
even an issue of being a religious university. Also, she has an option
to choose many other insurance plans for around the same rate in that
area. So it's a fake issue altogether.

> Regardless, calling her a slut and a prostitute for that was way out of
> line.  I don't care how you try to spin it.  Rush was attacking the
> person and not the argument.  I thought people constantly bitched about
> that type of thing on here, you include

I do and I agree. But to pretend it's an issue only when it comes from
the right is