Huckabee moderate?

-----Original Message-----
From: Judah McAuley [mailto:ju...@wiredotter.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:23 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: 2012 Predictions

I was just ruminating further on who Romney might pick as VP and I'm
starting to wonder about Huckabee. He's personable (I remember seeing him on
The Daily Show and was impressed by how he handled himself) and while he is
fairly moderate, his status as minister serves to placate the religious
right. Not the most exciting ticket in the world, but who could possibly
make a Romney ticket exciting?

I also read an interesting bit today discussing a dark horse candidate for
VP that might actually energize the ticket: Gov. Luis Fortuño of Puerto
Rico. He endorsed Romey, he's working to push Puerto Rico toward statehood,
Romney is in favor of statehood and it might represent a huge step toward
bridging the gap with Hispanic voters.
Romney can claim a stake in the ground on an issue that he's not yet flip
flopped on 3 times already and try to appear genuine.

I don't think that Romney is actually that bold and I think he'll choose a
totally boring VP candidate that continues to mire his campaign in pit of
apathy, but it's interesting to think what might happen if he took a truly
bold step.

Cheers,
Judah