Actually he was Hispanic and very noticeably so.  I never got why they
begged Zimmerman as being white unless they saw his name and assumed he was
German or Jewish...

-----Original Message-----
From: Judah McAuley [mailto:ju...@wiredotter.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:27 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Trayvon Martin, killed in cold blood or is self defence the
answer?

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Cameron Childress <camer...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ...and none of these facts have a thing to do with race. He shot
> someone, he should answer for that. Period.  No more and no less because
of race.

Though race very well may have been the reason that the guy tracked the kid
down in the first place, in which case it does play a role.

Interestingly, I've noticed a quick backlash with several commentators
saying that the Media and the DOJ are "blowing this out of proportion"
because the victim is black and they are blaming election year politics
saying that we have a racist administration that's out to get white people
and wants to use racial divisions to further their causes. I find this
odious, of course, but more so I find it interesting because it goes
immediately to the reactionary point "you guys only make it a big deal when
the guy with the gun is White and the dead guy is Black". Yet, in this case,
the shooter is actually Hispanic.

A lot of people jumping to a lot of quick conclusions in this case, it
seems. I'll be very curious to see how things go and what Zimmerman comes
out to say for himself about how things went down.

Juda