Well, that is "progress".

With any self-defense claim (for the most part) an arrest is made, and then
if there are significant questions of culpability or guilt, a grand jury is
empaneled to see if the defendant will be indicted.

With the "stand your ground" law, the arrest (in theory) is only made if
there is proof the claim is not valid.