But is it still open to the public.  If anyone can pay to attend, that means
it is open to the public...as opposed to their membership that says only
males can pay to become members.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Childress [mailto:camer...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 9:41 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Obama: It's time for Augusta golf club to admi t wo_

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Larry C. Lyons
<larrycly...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The idea is that if a private area is used as a public space then much
> of the control a private owner normally doesn't apply. consider
> private land that's been used as a public park - many apartment
> developments in New York do this for instance. The courts have ruled
> that being able to restrict a certain class of people from the park is
> illegal in this matter.

I don't think that the Golf Club would be considered public in this case.
They are not discriminating against anyone attending the event.  Plus, there
is a pretty lengthy set of terms on the back of each ticket to a sporting
event.

Membership, on the other hand, is unrelated to the Masters, specifically.
When considering membership, I would expect that no public use rules apply.
 The Golf Club is certainly never open to the general public during the
course of the year, and even during the Masters, access is strictly
controlled to only those who are playing in the event or have paid to attend
it.

-Cameron