I think that's kinda true except I started from supporting him and I gather
you didn't

 support due to his actions in regards to privacy,

definitely a disappointment in this area

> in continuing Bush era policies,

and this one

> in the ever growing national debt and the horrible economy.

Inherited, and handicapped by the mistaken assumption that the Republicans
would do the right thing. So his error, sure. But there is more than enough
blame to go around on this one, starting with the disastrous tax policies
of his predecessor.

> He
> has shown time and again that he doesn't feel the need to meet his campaign
> promises (or those given in office)

he tries to show good faith but he concedes way too much upfront to people
who have publicly pledged not to compromise with him.

> and he is failing to inspire the youth
> vote

duh, after all that, was he inspiring *anyone*?

> and the independent vote the way he did last election, so in
> traditional wag the dog manner, with Houdini like reflexes, he's changed
> everyone's focus.

I wouldn't put it that way. I'd say something closer to maybe he said what
the hell, I'll either win or I won't and if I lose it may as well be for
trying to do what I want for a change....

That's my take