+1 on the MyTouch 4G. I've got that model (no slider, though). Good
solid phone, very reliable. decent battery life, except with Google
Navigation or Facebook (anything that turns on the GPS).

I've never had a problem with T-Mobile. We've used them for close to
10 years now.

My experiences with Verizon, AT&T and Sprint before that were
comparable to Dana's with T-Mobile.

The web site can be a little difficult to manage, but now that I've
got the smart phone, I mostly use the Account Management App.