On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM, PT <cft...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I were the victim, I would tell the cop to fill him up.

Which is why we have trained police officers deal with these
situations and not freaked out victims.

> Chewing on someone's face is a seriously life threatening situation.  I
> would treat the attacker as if he were armed with a knife.  If you wield
> a fatal weapon, be prepared to be subjected to deadly force.

Every person has teeth, therefore by this logic, everyone who may use
their teeth should be prepared to be shot with a gun. We generally
also train police to take down people even wielding knives with less
than deadly force. I sure as hell am glad you aren't a cop.

> I only feel sorry for the guy as far as what must have gone wrong in his
> life that got him to that point.  I am also sorry for any family he had.
>  I am not sorry he was shot to stop him from doing what he was doing.

As stated earlier in the thread, there are many options available to
try and remove a threat far short of using your gun. Batons, tasers,
bean bag rounds, etc. No one was saying that the police shouldn't have
stepped in to help the victim. They were saying that the police, in
this case, seem to have skipped over a bunch of less lethal options
and gone right to using their guns. Generally considered a mark of
poor training.