I don't know if ignored is the right word...according to the article, zombie
boy turned to the cop and growled...

-----Original Message-----
From: PT [mailto:cft...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:32 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: The Zombie Apocolypse is starting...

On 5/30/2012 2:24 AM, Dana wrote:

>> One of the fun facts that came up in conversation with them was that
>> hospitalizations for infected wounds are actually quite common and
>> some of the worst are caused by the human mouth. Usually people
>> injuring their hands on other people's teeth. Pretty sure they said
>> these wounds were worse than dog bites.

Yup.  A doctor told me that human bites are pretty much the worst just 3
days ago.

Get your teeth off me you damn, dirty human.

FYI, mouse or rat bites are apparently not bad at all.  They can't transmit
rabies to humans and are fairly clean as far as bites go.

>> Also, didn't I read that the victim was missing a big part of his
>> face including most of his nose? That's pretty extensive damage that
>> has a good chance of getting infected.

The quote I saw was:

"The victim was taken to the hospital with missing flesh and sources say his
face was not recognizable. "

>> lot depends on details we don't know. Did he warn the guy with the knife?
>> Was he ignoring him?

He yelled at the biter and he was ignored, which is not surprising.

>> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:15 PM, LRS Scout<lrssc...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> Weren't you an EMT?

Me?  No.

>>> Please tell me how facial bites can kill you?

First things that comes to mind are blood loss and shock.  Also I don't
think it would take much to get a good bite in on the neck or under the jaw
line.  Crazy dude was biting chunks out of the victim's face.  I think he
was probably biting hard enough to do the deed.

In the long term, yes, infection is a big worry, but so are other
complications.  That guy is going to have a rougher time of it if he is
malnourished or suffering from other health problems (both likely).