"First, there is no way the super-rich are going to admit they owe taxes or
pay any more than they absolutely have to.  "

I think we can agree on that.  Makes it amusing to watch politicians talk
about raising the taxes on the wealthy since they will end up avoiding the
new taxes by various means.

"If Soros actually paid 200 million, so would the Koch Brothers, and they
would cancel each other out."

Nah.  They would either cooperate with each other or target specific
elections.

"You'd have the taxpaying wars of the uber rich, outspending each other to
try and retain their power.  Billions into the tax coffers.  How could that
be a bad thing?"

Because it would go right back to the people who paid the billions via
subsidies, contracts, and other BS.

If you are interested in different democratic voting systems,  you should
check out the Hare system.  I am not advocating it, but it is interesting
to read about.

"Of course, if you eliminated SuperPacs and lobbyists and returned the power
to those who actually work and pay taxes, have true taxation
with representation instead of representation without taxation, my suggestion
would not be necessary."

We can only dream.

Anyway, the only true fair tax would be a national sales tax.  No loop
holes to jump through and everyone pays.  Also, a built in mechanism to
punish bad government.  Reduced spending by angry constituents.

-
Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program - Milton Friedman