On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Sam <sammyc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If W spent more time on the golf course you wouldn't have had as much
> to complain about. As you said, O is using W's policies. But W didn't
> sit around and just use existing C policies. If so he wouldn't have
> had so many pictures with a Hitler mustache.
>
> But it does bring me to this very funny quote:
>
> Barack Obama is the worst thing to happen to America in my lifetime.
> Yet he lacks the work ethic and intellectual rigor necessary to
> destroy us -- despite actions which are purposely malevolent or
> moronically unintentional. - William L. Gensert

The hyperbole never ceases. I'm sure he said the same thing about
Clinton...in his lifetime....or Carter....in his lifetime....and every
other Democrat who had the gall to actually become president. To the limp
dicked liberals, George W. Bush was evil incarnate...they were apoplectic.

It used to be that an old fart, stuck-in-his-ways conservative....or a
well-intentioned but naive liberal....could sit and discuss what they
thought was wrong with a certain person or action, without feeling the need
to resort to such hyperbole. Jimmy Carter wasn't the devil...he just messed
up in defense and didn't do enough for the economy. Ronald Reagan wasn't
the second coming of Hitler, he just spent too much on defense and reacted
too slowly to the AIDS epidemic.

These days, "well intentioned but misguided" has been replaced by
"purposely malevolent".

It sucks. The solution starts with us. We should be better than that.