On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM, LRS Scout <lrssc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They are more supportive of the 2nd amendment and view it as an individual
> right.  That's my main issue.

Are you sure?  From Fox News:
GUNS:

Obama: Has not pushed for gun control measures as president. Signed laws
letting people carry concealed weapons in national parks and in checked
bags on Amtrak trains. Favors "robust steps, within existing law" to
address gun issues, White House says. Voices support for renewed ban on
assault-type weapons but has not tried to get that done. Has not swung
behind longshot Democratic bill, introduced after the Colorado movie
theater shooting in July, to let only licensed dealers sell ammunition,
require police to be notified after any sale of more than 1,000 rounds to
an unlicensed person, and require buyers who aren't licensed dealers to
show a photo ID. Backed tougher gun control as Illinois and U.S. senator,
including proposals to renew the assault-weapons ban and require background
checks for buyers at gun shows.

Romney: Opposes stricter gun control laws. Suggested after the Colorado
shooting that he favors tougher enforcement of existing gun laws, although
the theater attack was carried out with legally obtained weapons. As
Massachusetts governor, vowed in 2002 to protect the state's "tough gun
laws," and in 2004 signed a Massachusetts ban on assault weapons.
Quadrupled state's gun-licensing fee but loosened rules on the licenses and
extended their duration. In 2008 primary campaign, said he would have
signed the federal assault weapons ban if it had come to him as president,
but he opposed any new gun legislation.

Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/10/obama-and-romney-where-stand-on-issues/#ixzz26NJPdk00

> Money, for the most part they would like to let you keep it.  I'm no fan of
> redistribution.  The repubs have men like Col West and Ron Paul.  Yes they
> have a lot of dirtbags too, but I don't see anyone coming from the dems I
> agree with even a little.

Unless you make more than 250K, I don't see any plans for redistribution of
your income.  But YMMV.