I've been hearing a lot of republicans complain about the Embassy and
the President apologizing. Where is the apology here?

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing
efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of
Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.
Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist
attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and
those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of
democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American
democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the
universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of
others."