Love these folks:

http://www.facebook.com/Nyc2012MarathonOfRelief

If the city refuses to cancel or postpone the marathon, despite an
entire list of reasons why now isn’t the time, it’s up to us to use
the marathon as an opportunity to bring much needed relief and
continued visibility to various parts of the city.

This will take a lot of coordination, but if ever there was a city
that could prove to do something creative, compassionate and uniquely
amazing… it’s NYC.

Let’s make this marathon one that is truly inspiring, and one that
shows New York how much we care.

Here’s how NYC Marathon of Relief Efforts (NYC MORE) will work:

Runners will show up at the starting line, but will break off en masse
at different points of the city to deliver supplies to places hardest
hit and without power. This will mean departing from the race, to head
to various buildings, running up and down stairs delivering water and
canned goods, etc.

NYC Non-runners: here’s how you can help: If you are planning to watch
the marathon this weekend, bring water, cash, canned goods, blankets
and/or be ready to donate blood.

Here’s what I need:

- Runners who will commit to this idea, so we can plan meet up
locations and times throughout the city.
- Volunteer coordinators to meet runners and escort them to various
locations throughout the boroughs
- Any volunteer organization who needs healthy, able-bodied people to
help deliver supplies or meals on Sunday

The tentative plan:

- Runners will show up to the marathon, as scheduled. Runners who want
to help should post the words, “I’M HERE TO HELP!” somewhere on their
bodies. Also, you should contact us at NYC MORE 2012, so we can help
organize and pair you up with volunteer coordinators.
- Volunteer coordinators will be along the route holding HOT PINK
“HERE TO HELP” signs at various runner stop-off locations.
- Runners will then travel to various parts of the city to give their
time to help the city recover. (Athletes will likely travel to lower
Manhattan and various locations in Queens)
- Non-runners can also meet up at the HERE TO HELP locations to
volunteer their time and effort on Sunday. Any interested Non-runners
should also let us know so we can coordinate

If you are interested in helping out in anyway to this effort, please
contact us at nycmore2...@gmail.com or here at FB.

More details will rollout on this page once I begin to get a sense of
who wants to help and what areas are looking for assistance on