you may want to read the CF Product Roadmap recently released by Adobe:
http://blogs.coldfusion.com/assets/content/roadmap/ColdFusion%20RoadMap.pdf

And a detailed posting on the future of CF by th eengineering and
marketing team:
http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/coldfusion-news-initiatives-and-updates-from-adobe