On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Jerry Barnes wrote:

> The story of Noah's Ark and the Great Flood is one of the most famous
> from the Bible, and now an acclaimed underwater archaeologist thinks he
> has found proof that the biblical flood was actually based on real events.

Not surprising in the least. Most superstition and mythology originates
from real world phenomena. The people of that time lacked the understanding
to explain them so the only explanation they could come up with was to make
up a god of some sort and give that god credit.

Sometimes the god in question is dragging the sun across the sky in his
chariot and other times they are smiting the evil world with a flood or
causing crops to fail.

Slowly we've learned the real reasons for many of these phenomena, and most
people accept them (some do not). I think that a great flood in
the Mediterranean region due to rising oceans is very very plausible.

-Cameron