The real fascinating part of it is during Ballard's exploration of the
Black Sea's dead zone (a region where there is no oxygen etc). they found
evidence of houses and villages and other signs of human habitation.

So its possible that Noah's Arc is just a cultural memory of that event.
Mind you all the religions in the Middle East have a great flood legend, so
its possible it refers to this event.

But the impact, The Bosporus was closed by a rock, gravel and ice dam, when
that gave way it was a catastrophe for the people. Doubtful many survived.