Let's hope the first blow you need to determine your attacker's ability
to kill you
is not the only one he needs to put you down. Not everyone has the
benefit of
10 years of martial arts training and competition. But even so, you
would know
better than most, that the first blow might be the last.

And sorry for not catching "All your money", insinuating robbery. At
that point,
if I had a sidearm and he was showing no weapon, I would back away quickly,
drawn my weapon and train it on him and ask him to repeat himself. If he
attempted
to flee I would pursue, not shoot, to hopefully keep him in sight until
police arrive
to apprehend.  However, if he decided to lunge at me and physically
attack me,
he would be shot.

He was asking for me to respond to his assault, so I would oblige. My
choice of
response is up to me. I don't have to remain on equal terms with my
attacker.